Summer is winding down, and administrators, teachers, staff, and students are getting ready for the new school year. Below, we’ve provided a checklist of tips and resources to help districts and teachers prepare for the start of school.
As you get ready for the start of the year:
- Remember, “You’ve got this, and you are going to have a great school year!”
- Reflect on goals from the previous year – are there any goals you wish to carry over from last year to achieve this year? If so, great! If not, review your data and determine goals for this year. Now, wipe the slate clean and give yourself a fresh start with your new goals.
- Get organized.
- Our 2023-2024 Assessment Calendar can help with that! It’s coming soon, we promise! Follow us on social media @TennesseeTSC for updates on the calendar.
- Learn more about creating schoolwide systems to teach expected behavior and acknowledge behavioral success for all students.
- Look for ways to engage with students, families, and the community.
- Tennessee TSC’s Student, Family, and Community Engagement Resource Pack and our Community Partner Resource Pack provide a lot of engagement tools, such as student and family surveys, tips on back-to-school nights, and additional resources from our TN-TAN partners, like The Arc of Tennessee.
And as always, if you are looking for assistance to align your districts’ academic (RTI2-A) and behavior (RTI2-B) supports, please reach out to our technical assistance teams throughout the state. We are excited about the 2023-2024 school year and the new resources we will soon share. Cheers to a new school year!